Having a business, whether small or large, is a huge responsibility. So many different incidents and mishaps can occur when you least expect it. Due to this volatility, it is essential to obtain a commercial property insurance policy that will fully protect your business’s finances if and when a disaster strikes.
Most commercial properties are home to incredibly important assets that are extremely valuable to each business that operates there. By investing in good commercial property insurance you can protect yourself and everyone on your team from loss of the unexpected.
Before you obtain commercial property insurance it is vital to understand what it is, what it covers, and if there is anything extra that your commercial property will need. Commercial property insurance protects your company’s physical assets from a variety of different types of risks. No matter the type of business you run, these risks can harm your business and make you spend a lot of money on valuable assets that were damaged.
Commercial property insurance covers your building, office equipment, signs, and much more from a variety of risks that no one anticipates, such as fires, theft, vandalism, and weather. These are some of the most common commercial property insurance claims:
- Fire damage: fire can be hazardous for your building and the inside of it. This insurance will cover the outside of the building and inventory inside.
- Weather: storms can destroy outdoor signage and any other things in your building. Property insurance will help you cover those expenses.
- Robbery: there is no way of preventing vandalism, and for this reason, property insurance repairs and replaces all business equipment stolen or damaged as a result of crime.
Once you decide you realize the need to obtain commercial property insurance, you will need to talk to your insurance provider to understand the specific needs according to your business. They will ask you to choose which assets you want to insure. These are some of the most common items that you can cover:
- Your Building/The Property Itself
- Office Equipment
- Outdoor Items
The insurance provider will also ask you what types of risks you want to cover. There are several risks, but the basic commercial property insurance includes protection against:
- Damages to your building and outdoor area
It is always best to be safe than sorry and protect all of your valuable items that could be very difficult or expensive to replace. Make sure to understand the types of coverage for property insurance and choose the one that will best suit your needs.
If you go through an unexpected situation and need to use your insurance, you can receive your payment in two different ways:
- Replacement cost: you will receive payments for damages without subtracting for or depreciated value
- Actual cash value: you will receive cash for damages after wear and tear.
Keeping your business and its assets safe is a key factor in keeping it up and running through any turmoil. At the Webb Insurance Group, we will provide you with a quote for your commercial property policy to keep all of your assets protected. Contact us today to learn more about how we can assist you!